A classic dish.
650g (1lb 6oz) Premium Salad Potatoes, washed
4 tbspn vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
75g (3oz) butter
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Cook the whole, unpeeled potatoes in boiling salt water until almost tender.
2. Drain in a colander and leave until cool enough to handle, then carefully peel off the skins. Cut the potatoes into slices of about 1cm thick.
3. Heat the 4 tbspn oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and fry quickly. Avoid turning or tossing the potatoes until they are crisp and browned underneath.
4. In another frying pan, melt 50g (2oz) butter and add the onion. Saute until golden and caramelised.
5. Add the butter, and when it is foaming gently, toss it with the potatoes until they become golden in colour.
6. Stir the onions into the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and place in a serving dish.
There are currently no comments on this recipe
Be the first to add a comment below!
Add a Comment
Search our recipe database
Poached egg and new potato salad with bacon recipe more...