Chocolate potato cake
Serve 6 generous slices
Oil for greasing
200g caster sugar
4 eggs separated
275g dark chocolate grated
75g ground almonds
165g freshly mashed potatoes
225g self raising flour
1 teasp cinnamon
3 tablespoons milk
50g grated chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc/gas 4 Grease and line a 9inch cake tin with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl cream together the sugar and the butter until light and fluffy,then beat in the egg yolk one at a time until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the grated chocolate and ground almonds to the creamed mixture.
4. Pass the mashed potatoes through a sieve into a creamed chocolate mixture
5. Sift the flour and the cinnamon and fold into the mixure with the milk
6. Whisk the egg whites until form peaks and fold into the mixture
7. Spoon into the prepared tin, bake for 11/2 hours depending on your oven or until set and springy
8. When cooked turn onto a baking sheet and leave to cool
9. when cold spoon on the whipped cream on top and cover with the grated chocolate indulge.
There are currently no comments on this recipe
Be the first to add a comment below!
Add a Comment
Search our recipe database
Warm new potato salad with bacon & blue cheese more...